Saturday, October 12, 2019

4.7 Ampere's Circuital Law

Subject: Physics

Class XII

Chapter: 4. Moving Charges and Magnetism


Ampere's Law
 "The integral of magnetic field around a closed path is equal to the product of absolute permeability and total current passing through it."

Mathematical form
∮B.dl = μ₀.I

Here,
B = Magnetic field
dl = Current element
μ₀ = Absolute Permeability
I = Current passing through it

Proof
Consider about an infinitesimal carrying conductor through which I current passing is passing. Magnetic field lines are produced around the conductor as the form of concentric circles.
Magnetic field at a distance due to this infinitesimal conductor. 
B = μ₀.2I/4πa ................... (i)

Now consider about a circle of radius a having a current element dl.
Both B and dl have same direction because B is along the the tangent of circle.
Hence,
B.dl = Bdlcosθ = Bdlcos0⁰ = Bdl

Now integrate the closed path
∮B.dl = ∮Bdl .............. (ii)
Now putting the value of B
∮B.dl = μ₀.2Idl/4πa
∮B.dl  = μ₀.2I/4πa∮dl
For complete cirecle
∮dl = 2πa
∮B.dl  = μ₀.2I.2πa/4πa
∮B.dl = μ₀.I
Proved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recently Added

Straight Line

  Slope of a Line A line in a coordinate plane forms two angles with the x-axis, which are supplementary.   The angle (say) θ made by the li...

Available Educational Materials